Have any queries? send us an email
1. What are the core tenets of everyday life sociology and how have these informed contemporary sociological studies of the empirical world?
2. What is distinctive about critical realism and how has it informed social theorizing on health?
3. What is World-Systems Analysis and how does Wallerstein explain the decline of US hegemony post-1968?
4. Bourdieu argues that education serves to maintain, rather than reduce, social inequality. Explore this argument, paying particular attention to the forms of capital.
5. Outline and discuss Michel Foucault’s theory of ‘disciplinary power’ as a distinctive feature of how modern society is governed.
6. The ‘entrepreneurial self’ is a central concept in Foucault’s concept of governmentality. Outline what Foucault meant by this and critically discuss its import for understanding contemporary strategies of health promotion.