The learner must complete a learner record over the period of the course which included their work placement. The learner record should include the following areas.
1. Reflection on relationships within a healthcare setting i.e. client, relatives, members of the health care team which includes the learners’ commitment to liaising with the MDCT & documentation.
2. Reflection on interpersonal issues that arise in care work such as recognizing the diversity and individuality in clients, families, and co-workers along with issues of privacy, dignity, respect & confidentiality.
3. Reflection on the candidates’ personal effectiveness as a care worker to include discussion of the learner’s personal strengths & weaknesses
4. The discussion should focus on receiving guidance and direction, & giving and receiving feedback
5. Evidence of appropriate reporting/record keeping