Assignment Title: Vocational Area Profile
Compile a structured report which explores the opportunities and challenges facing your chosen vocational area.
This should be completed using the following format:
Terms of Reference
It should provide an overview of the whole report, so that the reader can get a good idea of what the report contains, without having to read the report in detail.
- General introduction
- What is the purpose of the report, who requested the report and a brief outline of what you will discuss?
- This section of the report tells your reader how, when and from whom you collected the data for your report.
Part 1 – (Profile of Vocational Area)
Opportunities and Challenges facing Vocational Area
- Using a method of research (e.g. Survey, PEST or SWOT Analysis), analyze the key opportunities and challenges facing the sector
Part 2 – (Work Organisations, Opportunities and Skills)
- Discuss the various types of work organizations (public, private, voluntary, etc.)
Job/ Career Opportunities
- Evidence of job finding strategies – online, newspaper, etc.
Future Skills Needs
- What potential improvements could you identify in your vocational area?
- What personal skills are required to work in the area?
Part 3 – (Basic rights & responsibilities of employees/employers)
- Definition of main legal Act
- Nine grounds of discrimination
- Outline the state bodies that support equality in the workplace
- Obligations of an employer with regards to pay and union representation
Health and Safety
- Health and Safety and Welfare Act 2005 (outline main points)
- Obligations of an employer
- Obligations of an employee (include examples from your work placement)
- Outline a few key points you learned from completing your research on your vocational area
- Outline a few recommendations you would make in light of your findings
- Using Harvard referencing in alphabetical order – example
- Are material you have referred to which are not essential for the reading of the report, examples graphs, long reports, etc.
- Appendices are numbered, for reference in the text, they can be placed in a printed format or bibliography format at the end of the report