Have any queries? send us an email
You are required to submit a written assignment which details your understanding of health and safety in the workplace to include a health and safety audit.
You should follow the below criteria to complete the assignment:
1. Review the policies and procedures in relation to health and safety that are in the workplace, pay particular attention to the following:
a. Employers and employee duties in relation to the legislation – Health, Safety, and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
b. Emergency planning & reporting procedures – how are the emergency procedures documented, what reporting procedures are in place for accidents and incidents.
c. Policies in relation to safe working environments
2. Analysis of your workplace safety statement – what are the elements and functions of the safety statement.
You are required to conduct a safety audit on your workplace to include the following:
1. Comprehensive list of hazards identified (include 6) – include hazards in relation to the work environment, work practices, human hazards (alcohol/medication), and housekeeping.
2. A detailed risk assessment conducted in relation to the hazards identified with recommended actions to minimize or eradicate risks listed.
3. Appropriate control measures recommended with a view to improving the level of health and safety in the workplace.
1. Considered reflection on personal learning and development throughout the module.
2. To include 3 recommendations on how to promote safe and healthy workplaces.