You are the class rep and the Student Council have asked you to do their annual survey of students to establish how they are coming to college and whether they have part-time jobs. You are asking a minimum of 12 students to fill in a survey that the Student Council have provided you with, and you have decided to present the information in a spreadsheet as this can be used in the following years.
Presenting the information in a spreadsheet gives you the best possibility of analysis of the data using graphs, filtering etc, also by protecting the workbook, all the calculations will be in place for next year and only the respondent information needs to be changed.
Create a workbook called Survey Results & Your initials to record answers to the questions in the survey.
You have to create the template Survey form in worksheet 1 renamed Data capture form.
Lay it out using your cell styles and make it look attractive, it should fit on one page in portrait orientation.
1. In Sheet 2 create a spreadsheet to present the results under the following headings: Respondent No., Travels by Train/ Dart/ Luas, Age, Gender, Part-time job Y/N? Days worked, No. of hours worked per week, Length of a journey to college (in minutes), Travel by bus, Drives, Walks, Cycles, Uses motorbike.
2. Calculate the total time travelled per week for each respondent.
3. Use a clear font that is not calibri to present your data.
4. Apply modified cell styles to your headings and to your data.
5. Rename sheet 2 Survey Responses.