1) Role of the healthcare assistant in care provision.
2) Show an understanding of the relationship between their needs and Maslow’s theory
3) Correctly outlined the needs of the dying person and their family
4) Show an understanding of the needs of care staff looking after clients who are dying.
5) identify the culture difference in the preparing of a body after death in a context and one other culture
6) Provided evidence of effective communication
Healthcare assistants (HCAs) are a vital part of the team that supports the medical staff and patients in wards and departments throughout the hospital.
Under the supervision and direction of qualified nursing staff, healthcare assistants carry out a wide range of duties to care for, support, and provide information to patients and their families.
Responsibilities may include:
Healthcare assistants are often the first point of contact for a patient, so you’ll need to be friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills. You’ll need to be able to put patients at their ease, helping them with their personal care while making sure they feel comfortable.