- Choose a principal of employment law (for example, bullying and harassment or maternity leave, etc.) and write a report on how the principal has been applied in law in reported case law.
- Apply the law as reported above to a vocational area of your choice (For example, an area of work that you are familiar with or have an interest in) and evaluate the significance of the principal to this vocational area.
- Explain the main legislative provisions on health, safety, and welfare at work that both employers and employees must follow.
- Discuss how the law on Data Protection and Freedom of Information effects how the employer manages and maintains employee information in the workplace.
- Explain the collective bargaining process in Irish employment law.
- Evaluate the roles and functions of the Labour Relations Institutions and the Trade Unions in the redress procedures in Irish employment law.