Learners are required to develop a research proposal for the completion of a dissertation.
The dissertation can be an academic one, based on` a media or communication themed piece of research, or it can be researched by practice such as a video or radio documentary.
The proposal must include the following areas:
1) Introduction: How/why this dissertation idea or practice topic was chosen?
2) Literature Review/Evidence of Research: Sources of information related to and about the dissertation idea or practice topic.
3) Establish research questions based on the understanding gained from reading information related to the dissertation idea or practice topic.
4) Choose a method, or methods, most appropriate to answer the research questions generated from the dissertation idea or practice topic. Justify the use of one method, or methods, over other methods; demonstrating knowledge of other methods.
5) Identify potential challenges.