Have any queries? send us an email
Please reference your essays fully and correctly, using either Oxford or Harvard referencing style. Essays will be examined using the following criteria: Question; research; essay structure; quality of writing presentation and referencing.
1. It is said that Australia sometimes sits uneasily between is history and its geography. Does Australian engagement with the US and China support this view?
2. What does the Uluru Statement from the Heart and the response to it indicate about the current state of relations between Indigenous Australians and the Australian government?
3. In the present day, Australian history is sometimes obscured by myth. Do you see similarities with your own country?
4. How might large scale international student exchange influenc Australia’s destiny in its region and the world?
5. How is Australia perceived in your home country? Critically evaluate representations of Australia using examples from mainstream media and social media.
6. Is it appropriate that some Melbourne local governments have sought to cease the conduct of Australian citizenship ceremonies on January 26th?
7. Using examples from music, art, architecture, fashion or cuisine, explain how and why any of these forms of could be considered ‘Australian.’
8. Does the popular Australian idea of the ‘fair go’ suggest that Australians have a sense of freedom that incorporates the dignity of others and not just the self?
9. Is the progress of Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD) a good indicator of Australian democracy at work?
10. How should Australian cities be reworked to better face the future?
11. Using evidence to support your claims, how do you foresee Australia’s demographic future?
12. Why has economic inequality increased in Australia since the 1970s?
13. What is multiculturalism? Is Australia an example of a successful multicultural nation and how does it compare to your home country?
14. Critically evaluate public responses to immigration in Australia and your home country.
15. How does Australia’s response to climate change compare to that of your home country?
16. Why was progress towards marriage equality slow in Australia?
17. Are Australians unduly obsessed with the memory of war?
18. Why do Australians seem so unable to come to terms with the reality of their environment?
19. Compare and contrast the significance of religion in Australia and your home country?
20. What are the similarities and differences between the Liberal and National parties in Australia and mainstream conservative parties in your home country?
21. What are the similarities and differences between the Labor and Green parties in Australia and left-wing parties in your home country?
22. Compare and contrast the recent experience of female political leaders in Australia and your home country.
23. Are either of the East Asian welfare on educational systems a desirable model for Australia?