Question: Are social media platforms the best method to launch new food and drink products and brands to consumers aged between 18-35 years old?
Proposed Thesis Title: The Impact of Social Media on New Products and Brands
Background & Rationale to the Thesis Topic
Social Media is an excellent resource for companies to promote new products and brands. Instagram is the most dominate of the platforms and companies go to great lengths to increase their following on this platform. They do this by tapping into the influencer market and by creating an unrealistic lifestyle. As a user of social media in both my professional and personal life, I am interested to find out both the commercial benefits and pitfalls of this platform.
Is social media the best way to launch a new product to consumers aged between 18-35 years old?
- How beneficial is social media to companies and brands?
- What new products have benefited most from social media promotion?
- What regulations have government agents imposed on advertising agents on social media?
- What are the negative impacts of promoting products on social media?
- Which major age category is affected the most and which gender by negative impacts?
- Is there increased or reduced rates in different regions or countries?
- Has social media had any positive impacts on users?
Objectives of the Proposed Thesis Research
- To understand how social media is commercially beneficial to businesses and new brands
- Understand what age range is targeted and why
- Understand the uses of the different social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Establish whether there are negative effects which can lead to depression and anxiety in users
- Establish the safest way to advertise on social media for the consumer
Scope of the Thesis Research
This is a very topical research topic. There are extensive peer-reviewed papers on this topic. I would also like to conduct a college-approved questionnaire. I would base this thesis mainly on the effects of social media from a commercially beneficial perspective and also look at the consumer perspective and those impacts both positive and negative.
I would like to conclude with safe ways of promoting products and brands on social media that both benefits the consumer and the business.