Critically Discuss This Statement-Making Reference To Relevant Ethical Theories And Examples From Your Own Professional (Nursing) Practice.
1. In the introduction, you should set out what you intend to do in the assignment. A short statement of your own professional context (NURSING) could also be included.
2. The main body of the work should be devoted to a critical discussion of the
principle of autonomy and the different ways in which it may be understood. A clear account of how autonomy relates to other ethical principles in health care, such as informed consent, confidentiality, etc., should also be included. Examples from your own professional (NURSING) practice should serve to illustrate the arguments you are advancing. The clear, logical progression of arguments is an integral part of the work. Care should be taken to ensure anonymity in any references to your individual practice.
3. The discussion should be appropriately supported by reference to literature on relevant aspects of ethical theories.
4. The conclusion of the essay should draw together, in a critical manner, the main issues presented in the work.
5. In preparation for the essay, you are advised to consult a wide range of relevant literature.