To undertake this Assignment, you must first form a group. This group is self-appointed.
Analyse the interdependent relationship that exists between ‘Business Strategy’ and ‘Human Resource Management’ within an organisation of your choice.
To help you with your analysis please read the following carefully:
In your analysis discuss the differences between theory and practice as it relates to the following;
- The linkages that exist between Business Strategy, and the Management of human resources. ( Best fit approach)
- The initiatives the HRM function can take, to implement change, in order to support the achievement of a high performing organisational culture. (Best practice approach)
On completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Prescribe strategically enabling HRM strategies designed to harness the maximum contribution of human resources to organisational success
- Assess the practical talent management issues involved in Human Resource Planning
- Synthesise the importance of effective recruitment, selection, training and development as a basis of competitive advantage
- Evaluate the main methods of managing performance and reward at work
- Display analytical ability in the motivation, engagement and retention of employees