Part A: Individual level diagnosis and intervention for Mike Morgan in ‘Kay Sunderland: Making the Grade at Attain Learning’
1. Explain the challenges Mike Morgan faces based on your reading and analysis of the case study. Consider individual personality and emotional intelligence, as well as theories of motivation, commitment and engagement in your analysis.
2. Describe the consequence of Mike Morgan’s thinking and behaviour on his working relationships and organisational performance.
3. Identify leadership development needs that would help Mike Morgan manage the working environment for improved personal and organisational performance.
4. Create a leadership development framework, as an intervention, for Mike Morgan. Show how the framework responds to the development needs identified in number three above.
Write a report, addressed to Caroline Nicholas, in response to the above four points. In your report, include a section that deals with the logistics of Mike attending to his leadership development needs, the cost of the intervention, and measures for calculating a return on investment for Attain.
Part B: Self reflection
1. What is your leadership philosophy?
2. How did you write your philosophy – what questions did you ask of yourself? What is/are the source(s) of these questions and why? Why is this your leadership philosophy? What/who are the philosophical influencers in your life?