- Choose a published ESL or proficiency test both relevant to your students and accessible to you.
- Analyze the content, language, and skills being tested. Pay particular attention to cultural bias. Also note the test format.
- Provide an overview of the test.
- Write a critical analysis of the test (about twenty pages). To support your conclusions, include specific examples from the test. Also refer to the research and educational literature on the test and standardized tests in general to support your analyses and conclusions. (Include a copy of the test with your analysis.)
- Write your reflections on what you have learned personally and professionally from doing this assignment and what aspects you would like to investigate further in the future.