Reflect on your experiences as a health care professional. Use current literature to compare and contrast your experiences with a specific focus on:
1.How the principles of clinical governance are / can be used to improve health care systems
2.Your role as an individual staff member in ensuring the quality & safety of healthcare for people in your care
3.How you can empower consumers to take a more active role in their healthcare experience
The objective of this assessment is to discuss your ideas related to a focused health assessment of your case study patient. A focused health assessment concentrates on a specific area of concern, for example if a patient is breathless, then your assessment should include a respiratory/cardiovascular and functional assessment.
From the attached case studies, select one case that you find interesting. Your case study will include a number of findings that will assist you in discussing your case study patient.
Your case study should include the following;
1. Describe the sequencing of your proposed assessment.
2. In relation to the health history, what questions will you ask? How do these inform your proposed assessment?
3. Analyse the findings of both the health history and the focused health and clinical assessment and relate these findings to the underlying disease pathophysiology.
4. Evaluate the significance/non-significance of these results.
5. Formulate a plan of care for your selected patient, using appropriate nursing literature to support your care decisions.
It is essential that a clear relationship between the health history, the assessment and the process of care be outlined in your case study. Your case study must demonstrate your clinical judgment.
Length: 2500 words
Assessment Criteria: Your assignment will be evaluated using an assessment rubric