Using one model of health promotion, critically discuss how you would utilize this model in the promotion of a health-related action in your current discipline of nursing. 1500 words
Critically discuss how you would use one learning theory to develop a health promotion education session regarding the health promotion action developed in Part A, in your current place of work. 1500 words.
1. The student is expected to introduce the concept of health and health promotion.
2. The student is expected to pick one model of health promotion (Beatties, Tannahill, Health Belief Model) and critically discuss how he/she would use this model as a framework to develop a health promotion action in his/her current clinical area, for example, a smoking cessation program, weight management, drug or alcohol addiction, sedentary lifestyle, etc.
3. The student should provide a rationale for the choice of health promotion model and should show clear knowledge and understanding of how the model was chosen can be used.
4. The student should use the chosen model as a framework to explain how they would carry out a health promotion action from start to finish.
5. The student is expected to undertake his/her own independent research while also utilizing information from Moodle such as PowerPoint presentations and supplementary reading.
1. The student is expected to introduce learning theories and their importance to health education and the role of the nurse as an educator.
2. The student should pick one learning theory from the theories discussed within the PowerPoint presentations and provide a rationale as to why he/she has chosen this.
3. The student should include two teaching strategies that would be used in the delivery of his/her chosen health promotion activity and again provide a rationale for the chosen strategies.
4. The student should critically discuss how they would develop a health promotion teaching activity for other staff, patients/service users or families.
5. The student is required to state who the target audience of the teaching activity would be if you were to hypothetically carry out the teaching activity that you develop.
6. The student is also expected to state how he/she would evaluate the health promotion teaching activity i.e. survey, evaluation form, etc.
7. The student should include his/her own independent research within the work and this should be reflected in the reference list.