On successful completion of this module, the student will be able to:
Critically evaluate the Slaintecare Implementation Strategy.
1. Consider the Slaintecare Fundamental Principles (Page 10 – Slaintecare Implementation Strategy) and critically evaluate the implementation approach proposed (1,000 words approx).
2. Four overarching goals have been identified as central to reforming the health system. These goals will be delivered through 10 strategic actions. They are outlined in Figure 4 page 11. Choose one of the 10 Strategic Actions detailed on page 11 within the Slaintecare Implementation strategy and critically evaluate how the chosen action will promote collaboration and meet the expectations of stakeholders and clinicians in your area of interest. (1,000 words approx)
3. Furthermore, critically analyze how the chosen strategic action could influence patient care if implemented effectively. (750 words approx)
4. Finally, what is your view are the challenges in the implementation of the Slaintecare Implementation Strategy relative to the strategic action point you have chosen. (750 words approx.)
5. Based on your critical discussion provide recommendations on how this strategic action should be addressed going forward. (350 words approx.)
6. Conclude. (150 words approx.).