Students to complete detailed research and analysis on the topic below and submit supporting documentation of between 3,500 – 4,200 words.
Select a multi-national organization Critically evaluate the role of technology in the commercial performance of the organization. (See point 5 below).
(Analyses to include, but not limited to, the following):
How has this company utilized technology (any format) to drive growth in sales? Has this been successful? Has it assisted in extending the reach of the brand(s)/organisation?. Which channels have been leveraged to drive success or otherwise? Sales performance/data. Additional growth drivers e.g. sponsorships.
2. History of the organization
3. Categories of product/services it provides and their global locations.
4. What sales structures/methods and routes to market are in place? (Hypothesise if information is unavailable).
5. Evaluation of the role of technology in the success and growth of the organization (see above).
6. Challenges the company has faced and/or are likely to face entering a new market? (e.g. legislative, political, cultural, economic, etc.)
7. Conclusion (to include any further opportunities for commercial growth based on your research/observations.