It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change” – Charles Darwin, 1809
“Situations emerge in the process of creative destruction in which many firms may have to perish that nevertheless would be able to live on vigorously and usefully if they could weather a particular storm” – Joseph Schumpeter, 1942
Structure of Assignment
In relation to the above and the literature covered in your lecture notes discuss what is involved in the following.
- Broadly discuss organisational change phenomena, giving recent examples to support your answer.
- Give examples of the type and the kind of changes organisations have recently experienced.
- Discuss the who, the when, the why, the where and the how of the organisational change(s) you have identified.
Work Related Attitudes and Personality
- Discuss the ideal personality traits of managers and employees best suited to managing, coping, dealing with and adapting to organisational change.
- Give qualitative (describe and elaborate on the characteristics) and quantitative (measuring particular characteristics and attributes) examples to support your answer.
- The process of organisational change can and does create stress amongst managers and employees. Discuss the nature of the stress experienced by both individuals and groups arising from organisational change.
- Develop a Human Resource Management guide for managers and employees on to how to best manage stress within organisations during a period of organisational change.