“Digital technologies are reshaping the way we organize the economic and financial activity, shifting us from activities conducted within traditional financial institutions towards new, fluid peer-to-peer marketplaces, sharing communities and other firm-market hybrids. Novel forms of crowd-based capitalism have emerged and the lines between personal and professional involvement have blurred while social cues have subsumed many of the roles of market forces.
The development and widespread adoption of Crowd Markets facilitates additive finance, replacing traditional intermediated financing channels. Cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, and their underlying blockchain protocols, are increasingly becoming the focus of the financial sector across the globe and spawning the next generation of entirely decentralized peer-to-peer marketplaces and institutions.”
In the context of the above, critically evaluate the current evolution of online crowdfunding markets with a specific focus on equity-based markets.
Discuss whether crowd markets have fulfilled their potential and critically assess the key ideas, principles, and frameworks shaping the future growth of the sector and its funding dynamics; the primary inhibitors of such growth and the regulatory and other initiatives aiming to alleviate and eliminate such inhibitors.
1. First Specific Output – “Critically evaluate the current evolution of online crowdfunding markets with a specific focus on equity-based markets”
2. Second Specific Output – “Have they fulfilled their potential”
3. Third Specific Output – “Key ideas, principles and frameworks shaping the future growth of the sector and its funding dynamics”
4. Fourth Specific Output – “Primary inhibitors of such growth”
5. Fifth Specific Output – “The regulatory and other initiatives aiming to alleviate and eliminate such inhibitors”