Discuss instrumental/classical conditioning within the context of understanding buyer behaviour. Give two examples used by marketers to illustrate how they apply this theory in promotional campaigns.
- Explain the term instrumental/classic conditioning within the context of learning as part of the psychological influence of consumer behaviour. A detailed broad intro required here.
- Discuss how marketers apply this theory – students must demonstrate a thorough understanding of this theory – not just describe it.
- Illustrate the answer with examples and clearly apply the example.
Explain both of the following topics and discuss their relevance from a consumer behaviour perspective:
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Give a definition of the two topics and a short intro with context
- Using examples apply the concept to buyer behaviour from an organisation’s perspectives. Avoid descriptive writing, needs to be critical and detailed marketing
- Outline how relevant these concepts are in today’s market place
Discuss what is meant by the term culture. Using one appropriate theory, explain the importance of understanding culture and the role it can play in consumer buying behaviour. Illustrate your answer with two examples.
- Introduction – define and discuss culture, subculture
- Using one appropriate theory, explain the importance of understanding culture and the role it can play in consumer buying behaviour. Illustrate your answer with examples. Explain the importance that culture can play in consumer buying behaviour. Refer to the 4P’s. Apply theory
- Give two relevant, clear examples to illustrate your understanding
Discuss why an understanding of consumer motivation is so important to marketers. Illustrate your answer with two relevant examples and one theory.
- Define motivation and set the context regarding buyer behaviour
- Outline why it is important for marketers to examine what motivates buyers to include theory Freud, Maslow to your discussion – useful theory
- Include two relevant examples – apply back into a discussion