Note: The questions here are aligned with the work carried out in the activities and are based on the two case studies:
Eurotunnel and the Gotthard Rail Tunnel: Conduct stakeholder analysis, identifying the key stakeholders and their objectives reflecting their interests in your case project. Recommend a suitable Governance Structure in line with this analysis.
- Evaluate the criteria considered in the selection of your project as part of the overall portfolio.
- Explain the finance model that applies to your case.
- Compare and contrast this model with that of another large scale project.
- Conduct an economic and social impact of your case project using both the IFC framework and the Equator Principles.
- Based on what you have learned during the course of this module, if you were the Irish Government, under what conditions would you approve the investment of €7billion in the Dublin Metro North Project?
- Prepare a document from the perspective of the main contractor for the Dublin Metro North Project, considering what you might use in a potential RFX document in order to successfully hire a suitable sub-contractor for pre-construction works including route investigation, services investigation, etc.