Topic: Preparing for the Sales Call and The Sales Call. Both lecture topics must be known.
- Explain any five differences between consumer and organizational buyers.
- Describe the steps in the ‘Organisational Decision-Making Process’, clearly explaining the role the salesperson can play in helping the prospective buyer move successfully through the process.
Topic: The Role of IT in Selling and Sales Management
- Describe the following methods of international market entry:
(iii) Direct Selling
(iv) Export houses
- Develop any three guidelines for an Irish salesperson on how to sell successfully in Japan and any three guidelines on how to sell successfully in China.
Topic: The Role of the Salesperson and the Sales Manager
Examine the theories on motivation below and discuss how they can be used by sales managers in the motivation of salespeople.
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory
- Herzberg’s motivator/hygiene theory
- Vroom’s expectancy theory
- Likert’s sales management theory
Topic: Consumer and Organisational Buyers – focus on KAM (Key Account management)
Discuss how developments in information technology have impacted on selling and sales management.
Topic: Forecasting, Budgeting, and Evaluation/Control – focus on Evaluation/Control
- Explain in detail what you understand by the term ‘Key Account Management’.
- Describe the potential benefits and risks for an organization using a Key Account Management approach towards its customers.
- Describe how a salesperson can prepare for sales negotiations.
- Buyers have a number of techniques that they can use to weaken the position of the unsuspecting salesperson during negotiations. Describe any two of these techniques, explaining how the salesperson should respond to them.
(a) Explain what you understand by the term ‘Fringe Benefits’ – an extra benefit supplementing an employee’s money wage or salary, for example, a company car, private healthcare, etc.
- Select any two types of salesforce remuneration. Explain the applicability, advantages, and disadvantages of your chosen types of remuneration.
- Describe the applications of information technology to the selling function in an organization, clearly highlighting the benefits of such technology to the organization.
- Is B-to-B (Business-to-Business) selling dead in this Internet age? Explain your answer.