Topic: Trends in Front Office & Accommodation today
Report based on current articles/textbooks and applied to industry. You will be required to answer questions on your poster.
- ideally designed for use in a hotel staff-room to inform hotel management about a key topic area (see the list of topics below).
- Words: 600
- Points are rewarded for: presentation, use of visuals, student creativity, substance, impact, and use of theory to back-up practice and recommendations. Ensure you provide your academic sources (minimum of 5 academic references required).
- Introduction (clear definition of the problem/topic)
- Body of the text
- Conclusions including implications or recommendations for hotel management.
- References from at least 5 (five) different academic sources should be incorporated into the body of the text, this can include textbooks, journal articles, etc.- this5does not include websites.
- List of references and bibliography
- The success of a poster directly relates to the clarity of the illustrations – self-explanatory graphics should dominate the poster. Tables, visuals, photographs and diagrams may be used (indicate additional sources in your reference list)
- Double-space all text, using left-justification; text with even left sides and jagged right sides is easiest to read. The text should be large enough to read easily from 6 feet away. Choose a font that is easy to read.
- Penalties may be applied for late submission. Refer to the Technological University Dublin General Assessment Regulations (current issue)