ASSIGNMENT 1 DETAILS
In order to complete the assignment, follow the steps given below:
– Read the set weekly reading for the Critical Review Assignment. See the Teaching Schedule of this Learning
Guide. These readings can be accessed only from your text book . They are not available online. Therefore,
you MUST buy the textbook ASAP. Do not buy a second hand copy of this book or the 2013 edition . The
prescribed text book is dated 2017, second edition.
– Start with skimming each reading and identify the main points and the overall arguments of the author in each
– Read the reading again critically to identify the main points, and theory that supports those points and the
evidence that the author used to support the main points.
– Identify and discuss the implications of the main points presented in each reading for promoting children’s
play, development and learning and for families’ and educators’ practices.
– Write your review for each reading using the template given below, covering all sub- headings in the template.
Write in full sentences in each section. Do not write in bullet points.
– Edit and correct all writing, spelling, in-text citation, and referencing errors. Ensure all assessment standards
are addressed in the review. Submit, the draft 1200-word review to Turnitin in a single file/document. Submit
the final copy of 1200-word review to Turnitin as a single file on the final due date.
The headings for writing the Critical Review of weekly readings are in a template. See vUWS site for a word copy of
the template with more details on what to write under each sub-heading.