Continuous Assessment Aim:
This assessment will give you the opportunity to engage with the leading researchers in the services strategy. The topic has been deliberately selected to allow you to study a significant subject within the services marketing strategy. The building block of the assessment will be research articles published in leading the US and European journals.
- Identify the core constructs and arguments in top tier journal articles in services strategy
- Critique the research methodologies employed in these articles
- Assess the applicability of the findings in each article for practice
- Identify and utilize an additional academic research article as a theoretical priming
- What are the main ideas or constructs being examined in each article? Try to avoid flat summaries of each article
- What is the background justification for examining these ideas or constructs?
- What do you feel about the methodology – if relevant – used to investigate this topic?
- What are the contrasts between findings of the various articles? Are there differences in emphasis or conclusions?
- What was it in the ‘additional’ article that justified its inclusion?
- Critically assess the applicability of the various findings? Are they over/understated? Do they need updating or further refinement through research? Can you identify examples from current practice where the ideas in these articles are being put into practice?
- Could/should any of the findings or recommendations be included in a practical briefing for a marketing executive?
Papers will be assessed under the following headings:
- Identification and articulation of key ideas and arguments
- Synthesis of perspectives and findings across articles
- Suitability of your chosen ‘additional’ article
- Applicability of findings