Students have to submit an 8-10 slides narrated PowerPoint Presentation and a back-up rationale essay (1000 words) to the Portal. The presentation should address the following two areas, and include citations as appropriate as well as a references page:
1. The Strengths and Weaknesses of any one of the Humanistic Approaches covered on the Module
2. How the Humanistic approach has influenced the way you think about your future counseling practice
1. In Gestalt Therapy contact is necessary if change and growth are to occur (Corey 2009, p. 197). Discuss the role and purpose of the therapist in facilitating the client to make real contact in their lives.
2. Describe your understanding of Transactional Analysis paying particular attention to the concepts of Ego States, Life Scripts and Strokes, and how they apply to therapy using TA
3 The core conditions of person-centered Therapy are seen as being central to its success as a therapeutic intervention. Discuss this statement, including a definition of the core conditions, and also investigating the concept of them being both necessary and sufficient for change to occur.
4. Much of Humanistic therapy has become accepted as an essential part of conventional counseling and psychotherapy (Blocher, 2000 p. 230) Discuss