Have any queries? send us an email
Assessment 1 Information
Subject Code: MBA504
Subject Name: Introduction to Data Analytics for Business
Assessment Title: Data Analytics Case Study
Assessment Type: Written Report
Word Count: 1500 Words (+/-10%)
Weighting: 30 %
Total Marks: 30
Analyse the Emerging Technology: Talent Snapshot report from a data analytics perspective.
This assessment requires you to read and interpret a report written by Startup Australia. The report analyses the current hiring environment in Australia and how it compares with other nations.
StartupAus is a not for profit organisation with a vision to make Australia one of the best places in the world to build a tech startup
This report explores talent through a variety of lenses – job creation of startups, supply and demand of skills, critical skills of the future and mechanisms for improving talent in the tech sector.
In this assessment, you need to:
Part A (1000 words)
• Study the “Emerging Technology: Talent Snapshot” report by StartupAUS and provide an analysis incorporating the key points. A synopsis without analysis is insufficient to satisfy the requirements of the assessment.
a. The key insights, commentary on methods used, critique of the presentation methods and visualisations as well as possible improvements should be described. This should be addressed based on your learnings from the course.
a. Derive and quote and describe appropriate statistical metrics from the report
b. Suggest alternative graphical or visual representation
c. Comment on the data collection and management.
Part B (500 words)
• Reflect on the key takeaways you received from the guest speaker’s presentation, specifically those regarding your data analytics skills.
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?
Click here for answers to these questions:
Word Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Assessment Marking Guide
This report will be marked on whether or not the following competencies are satisfactory.
Criteria Marks Available
• Appropriate format (12pt font, double spacing.
• Introduction, body and conclusion are written satisfactorily with only occasional grammar/spelling errors.
• In-text referencing and reference list satisfactory. 6 marks
• Key insights identified.
• Key metrics identified.
• Method explained.
• Evidence of basic qualitative analysis 6 marks
• Key stakeholders identified.
• Appropriate system to present insights to stakeholders outlined.
• Current Australian Start-up ecosystem clearly understood. 6 marks
• Major variables of decision-making process made clear.
• Challenges in using the insights to enhance the ecosystem outlined.
• Insightful graphical representations. 6 marks
• Students highlighted major learning outcomes as a result of this assessment.
• Personal improvement outlines. 6 marks