Have any queries? send us an email
The objective of this assignment is to assess your understanding of the following learning outcome(s):
1. Describe the global context of Human Resource Management (HRM) and the impact of multinational enterprises on the variations in people management practices in different countries.
2. Describe the impact of culture and institutions on HRM practice and outline the challenges and opportunities involved in conducting business on a multi-national basis.
3. Apply tools and techniques to analyze HR issues and implement suitable HR policies and practices.
4. Discuss contemporary issues such as employee voice, conflict management, and precarious work incorporating the employer and employee perspective in a cross-cultural context.
You may choose one of the following five essay titles:
1. “The complexities of virtual collaboration result in almost half of virtual teams being unsuccessful” Discuss.
2. Organizational culture is more important than national culture in the context of cross-border acquisitions. Discuss
3. There are a number of universal leadership traits that are applicable across cultures. Discuss, citing examples.
4. Hofstede identified a number of polar opposite dimensions in his study of national cultures. Discuss, citing examples.
5. You are asked by the HR department to give input on a new pre-departure training program for managers traveling from the USA to Japan. What are your recommendations and why are these recommendations important?