Select one to critically appraise for this assignment
1. Key considerations in critical appraisal of research (800-1000 words)
- Describe the key considerations when critiquing
i) systematic review articles,
ii) quantitative articles
iii) qualitative articles.
- Discuss these considerations the context of the relevant research philosophies (epistemologies) and paradigms.
2. Application of CASP tool (up to 300 words; excluding appraisal tool from the word count)
- State which article you are selecting to appraise (from the two options provided) and state the most appropriate tool for critiquing this article. Discuss your rationale in choosing the tool.
- Apply the selected tool to critically appraise your article (include the completed tool which shows how you have appraised across all relevant domains).
- Provide a summary of key findings from the research article, identifying the key findings which address the specific research questions (key statistic, p-value and confidence interval OR main themes or patterns).
3. Appraisal and comment
- Discuss the strengthens and weaknesses of the article, comment on the overall quality of the article and its application to clinical practice.