Have any queries? send us an email
1. Compare and contrast the view of freedom put forward by two of the following social contract thinkers:
a) Hobbes b) Locke c) Rousseau
2. Is feminist freedom compatible with either a) Rawls’ principles of justice or b) Pettit’s understanding of freedom as non-domination?
3. Compare and contrast Marx and Arendt’s respective understandings of the
relationship between labour and freedom.
4. What is Hegel’s understanding of individual freedom in the state?
5. Consider the extent to which Berlin’s critique of positive freedom applies to the understanding of freedom put forward by one of the following:
a) Rousseau b) Marx c) Hegel
6. “Freedom is unattainable without equality”. Discuss this statement by comparing and contrasting the thought of any two theorists discussed in this course.