Completion of a lab report consisting of all the key sections as discussed below, demonstrating your quantitative and qualitative analytic skills. The Lab Report will be submitted electronically through the assignment link on the Moodle page. The Lab Report must be in Microsoft office format.
1. You are required to prepare a Lab Report in response to the online survey data that is up on Moodle.
2. This should have an analysis conducted for both the quantitative and qualitative data.
3. It should contain thematic analysis, using NVivo for the qualitative component (see below).
4. For the quantitative component, the statistical tests (ran on SPSS) chosen by students to analyze the data will need to be taken from the selection of parametric tests covered in Research Technique & Analysis 2:
5. Please ensure to stick within the outlined word count (see below).
6. Ensure that you reference in accordance with the APA 6th edition format.
7. There are referencing classes available in the library for those who are not clear on this format.
Important Points to Note
1. An SPSS file is up on Moodle for the quantitative aspect of the report.
2. Examine the dataset and develop two different hypotheses to test in your report.
3. The hypotheses must be tested using one of the tests covered in the module (i.e. you must use this material from the Research Technique and Analysis 2 module [listed above]). Each hypothesis needs to be answered by a separate statistical test (i.e. you could run a one-way ANOVA for H1 and a multiple regression for H2, or separate multiple regressions for each hypothesis, etc.).
4. Run the analysis for each of the hypotheses.
5. Include at least one chart depicting the findings.
6. Should contain a descriptive statistics section (table of descriptive statistics, reliability of measures) along with the inferential section for the hypotheses
7. In your results for each of the tests:
a. List the hypothesis
b. State the test that you conducted
c. Report the findings of the test in journal format.
1. An excel file of qualitative data is on Moodle for the assessment
2. Using the steps shown in class, import the data as survey data into Vivo.
3. Using the notes from class to go through the appropriate stages to develop the nodes.
4. Build upon this to develop the themes in the data with supporting nodes.
5. Once completed, now develop a thematic model – project map version only, mapping the themes in the data to demonstrate the hierarchical nature of the data and analysis.
6. In your results section: