Spyder Active Sports Digital Marketing Audit
Coursework Assignment Brief
You have been commissioned to create a digital marketing audit and strategic plan. The board of company directors has decided that digital strategy will lead the whole reorganisation of the company. This represents a major shift in the strategy of the business and the digital presence of the company will need to be changed accordingly. Your digital marketing plan should therefore focus on the broader digital marketing macro-environment; internal and external challenges related to selling online; and the fundamental design principles that can inform strategy formulation.
First, you will need to select an organisation à Spyder Active Sports
The marketing plan must demonstrate evidence of secondary market research, explicit screenshots illustrating digital content and design, and reference to peer-reviewed journal articles. The report should include the following three sections:
Drawing on the management audit you conducted throughout the module you should (appendix):
For part a:
-how can we use online discussions relating to the organisation
– Conduct a social network analysis – who is talking about your organisation?
– Conduct a sentiment analysis – how do people feel about your organisation?
– Reflect on how these analyses might inform digital marketing management and strategy)
– What type(s) of social structure are visible?
– Use the categories from the network analysis lecture as a guide. Provide evidence for your arguments using available Twitter data through www.socioviz.net (even if there isn’t anybody talking, take a screenshot to show the examiner you did the research. Reflect on whether the finding is important to your brand or not)
– Describe how you would use this information to inform marketing campaigns. This requires some imagination!
Who is talking about the organisation online?
On which platforms do they do it? Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Trip Advisor, Google Reviews, Amazon, personal blogs? Any others? Do they record and display customer feedback on their own website? How many people talk about the organisation? How often do they do it? Does the organisation try to participate in discussion? Any evidence of campaigns or hashtags that succeeded or failed?
For part b:
-Consider RACE (reach-act-convert-engage) Model
-Consider customer journey mapping
– Check if the organisation is using Google Analytics (Yes they do)
Google Analytics can collect a lot of data about how people use a website, including:
With some customisation, Google Analytics can also collect additional data which might include:
Check to see if your company tracks analytics. It is also useful to understand how web analytics work – so that you can decide upon appropriate KPIs for your chosen company i.e. what do you think they should be measuring.
Dimensions – qualitative
User – e.g. geography, age, gender
Session – e.g. traffic source, browser, hardware type
Interaction e.g. page title, specific app functionality
Metrics – quantitative
Audience e.g. visitor count
Behaviour e.g. page views / event count
Conversion e.g. conversion rate
Which attribution strategy approach do you think will be most effective in your campaign?
Think about the first instance that people will see your marketing content.
– Can the respondent be converted immediately or is it too early in the information search process to ‘pull the trigger’?
– Does the information search follow an obvious sequence?
– If so, which steps are the most important?
-Write down the objectives for your organisation’s digital marketing
-Identify three conversions that you want to encourage (include dimensions and metrics) -Identify the relevant touchpoints (otherwise known as ‘microconversions’ i.e. what has to happen before the conversions can take place?)
-Write down your conversion attribution strategy. Describe why you have chosen this strategy (1-2 lines).
1) Draw up a list of all of the digital media associated with your chosen organisation. Classify each media format as either paid, owned, earned, or social.
2) When you have a classified list, begin to analyse the purpose of the respective media. What is each one trying to accomplish? Use the 5S distinction to justify your answer.
3) Identify how each media format is involved in customer focus? Use the RACE model to analyse whether the content is actually useful.
4) Identify whether or not permission marketing is present.
– Customer Journey Map Template
Screenshots to use
The document should:
– Be written in the style of a report
– Include secondary market research
– Provide screenshots of digital content (including real-world evidence of your chosen organisation’s current online presence)
– Make reference to peer-reviewed journal articles.
Theories and Concepts (20%) – Identification and understanding of relevant models and theories
Analysis of evidence (30%) – Critical analysis of relevant models and theories
Argument (40%) – Development of a sound and convincing argument. Clear conclusions based on a critical analysis of the business context and possible alternative strategies
Overall presentation /research (10%) – Presentation, grammar and spelling, structure, reading and referencing (range / breadth and accuracy)