- State the play area you have chosen & the reason you choose it.
- Describe & justify the age group this play area would be suitable for from a development play perspective(Solitary/Parallel/associative/Cooperative/Games with rules)
- Describing what types of play would be facilitated in this area
- Describe the theories of play that may be facilitated in this area
- Mention which types of curricula would be promoted in this area?
- Using the Aistear themes wellbeing, identify & belonging, Communication & Identify & Belonging state how this play area could aid in the child’s ongoing development while meeting the Aistear Learning goals.
- Discuss the changes that can be made to adapt these play items for other uses with small groups of children
— Detailed assessment of the role of the adult provided
— What is the adult’s role during the planning stage of using the area
— What is the adult’s role during the implementation stage of using the area?
— What is the adult’s role during the assessment stage of using the area?