Module learning outcomes to be assessed:
- Analyze advanced forecasting techniques in the planning and control of logistics networks and
- Critically appraise the role and type of information systems in a logistics network.
- The above should be achieved by completing this assignment:
- To further develop students’ analytical and managerial skills on Logistics Planning and Control issues.
- To clearly define the main problems with the methods of logistics planning and control in use at Vector.
- To recommend an approach to forecast and demand management that Vector should adopt.
- To review the Vector’s major approach to master planning and inventory control and recommend improvement.
One short report, a maximum of 2000 words (excluding diagram).
Taking the role of a consultant, write a report to Vector’s Managing Director, covering:
Vector’s major problems and approaches should be adopted with the following:
- Forecasting and demand management
- Master schedule
- Inventory control