The assessment of this module is based on coursework only. It is TWO written coursework assignments which comprise 20% and 80% of the final grade awarded respectively.
1. Research Question: 20% weight
2. Research Proposal: 80% weight
3. 1 Research Question The first assignment entails the definition of the research question, key component of the capstone research project.
This assignment ought to include the following components:
Title Choose a title that encompasses the specific topic within the area chosen. Area Select the area within the domain of data analytics. Question Phrase your research question addressing the specific topic and the measurable side. Value Explain why this question is worth investigating and how it will contribute to knowledge in the field of data analytics. Justification Describe why the question is feasible (tools), clear (measurable), significant, and ethical. Cite the key 3-5 sources (journal articles/conference papers/patents) you are basing your research question on. References Include the citations to the key 3-5 sources using the Harvard style, as bibliography at the end of the document using the automatic BibTEX feature.hello I need some help in my research paper related to Data Analytics field. 3.2 Research Proposal This the second coursework worth 80% of the final mark. It must include the following components: Abstract Renders a summary of your proposal and therefore should introduce the topic, state what was carried out, and outline the key points. It should be 150–200 words. References are not cited in an abstract. Contents table Enables the reader to easily find the information they require. It should be automatically generated by LATEX or your wordprocessor. Introduction Should provide information on the background to the topic.
This section must:
• present the general context of your question within the domain of data analytics;
• convey your research question and define the key terms; no need to go into specifics here;
• motivate the purpose of the literature review – why is it important to research the chosen topic?
• outline what the general findings of the review are – this is where you can give the key element of your argument; and,
• describe the structure of your document – give the exact headings of each section and outline the key argument points you will be making in each section. This section should be 1-2 pages in length. Literature review Must compare, contrast and relate to previous work, clearly identify the research question(s), enumerate the objectives of the work, and specify the foreseen contributions. This section must:
• introduce each section by outlining the key argument points that you will be covering;
• finish each section with a brief conclusion of what you have covered and then link to the next section by outlining what you will be discussing next;
• ensure that each section heading exactly matches what the outlined contents in the introduction and that the argument points also match; • present a logical order of the reviewed sources;
• have descriptive section headings (not vague or too simplistic/general e.g. “data analytics”);
• critically contrast at least two sources in each paragraph, as opposed to just ‘reciting’ what the articles say. Every paragraph should explain the significance of the articles are in the context of your own research question;
• ensure there is consistent referral back to the research question – do not be afraid to consistently remind the reader why a point is relevant in the context of your own question; and,
• Make sure there are no extended sections where the sources are not mentioned – all comments and analyses should be in the context of discussing the sources. Overall the literature survey should not consist of a series of paragraphs beginning, ‘Jones/Smith argues….’
Focus upon concepts, issues, cases, with reference to authors, and then critically contrast them, clearly highlighting advantages and shortcomings. The literature review must finish identifying the research niche and the expected contribution of the research. This section should be 6-8 pages in length and contain some 20 references, mostly using recent academic articles from reputable journals and/or conferences Research method and specification Must describe your proposed methodological approach to the research as well as the expected/next research steps to bring your research project to completion. This section must:
• provide a specification to describe the techniques analysis methods that will eventually underlie the implementation (1-2 pages);
• furnish a complete analysis and design documentation in order to explain each of the major design decisions and choices to be made. (4-5 pages); and,
• include a project plan which specifies the expected tasks to be carried out during the capstone project semester. It should include a Gantt chart with the related dependencies (1page). This section should be 6-8 pages in length