1. The importance of patient susceptibility and the need for vigilance and safe practice at all times?
2. Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area in providing a healthy environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
3. Discuss increased financial cost of infection?
4. Why is Damp Dusting required to control the dispersal of dust in the Health Care environment?
5. How would you apply one of those (Standard Precautions) in the clinical area?
6. The relevant cleaning standards and procedures in relation to its control?
7. Give evidence of analyses of the predisposing factors to the development of healthcare-acquired infections to include:
a) Contact precautions,
b) Respiratory precautions,
c) Enteric precautions.
8. Explain the role of the Health Care Assistant in preventing the spread of infection.
a) How the Health Care Assistant may become a vehicle for the transfer of pathogenic microorganisms from one client to another during their duties?
b) Consider the elements required for the growth?