You have recently graduated from a College and have joined the Dublin-based subsidiary of the international human resources consulting firm, TeamPower, as a trainee. You report to the Head of C-Suite Recruitment who is responsible for head-hunting key talent for C-Suite positions (board of director, senior management (CEO) or chief of function roles) in leading companies. She is currently working on several projects related to the recruitment and selection of appropriate persons for senior management roles in leading companies. The roles are.
- Marketing Director at Kerry Foods.
She has invited you to choose one of these positions/companies to work on for the next three weeks.
The Head of C-Suite Recruitment has asked you to prepare a (maximum 1,500 words) briefing memorandum for an upcoming meeting between her and the Chair of the Board of Directors of your chosen company. This short briefing memorandum should cover the following:
- Identification of the organisation and description of the position to be filled e.g. if you choose Kerryfoods, set out a two of three sentence description of Kerryfoods and a single sentence description of the role of Marketing director (max, 100 words, 5%).
- An outline description of the main objectives and functions of the role e.g. outline the main objectives of the job and the key activities and events the person who fills the role would be involved in on a day-to-day basis (max. 400 words, 20%).
- An analysis of the key competencies the role-holder should possess e.g. an evaluation of the knowledge, skills and other attributes that the individual should possess (max. 400 words, 30%).
- A detailed plan (description and explanation with key activities and target dates) of the search process the C-Suite team and the client organisation should follow to target potential candidates for the position e.g. how will TeamPower Ireland make potential candidates aware of the position and encourage them to apply for the position, or equivalent (max. 600 words including a diagram, 40%).