Discussion Question 1
- Engaging in a political process enables a nurse leader to influence others in order to achieve a set of professional goals. Engaging in a political process enables a nurse leader to influence others in order to achieve a set of professional goals. During the COVID-19 pandemic this political influence is needed now more than ever. Explore the importance of political process in nursing, and answer the following questions:
- 1- How can average nurses be involved in the political process related to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- 2- What was the most important issue related to COVID-19 that required nurses to be involved?
Discussion Question 2
Effective leadership can help nurse leaders to bring about a desirable change within the system. Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, gain adequate insight into change theories and change management, and answer the following questions:
- 1- What does it mean to be a change agent? Give two examples of when you were a change agent or witnessed another nurse as a change agent
- 2- What happened and how did the change occur?