What are ways that instructional practices can enhance students’ learning of content and learning strategies?
· Select learning strategies appropriate to a lesson’s objectives.
· Incorporate explicit instruction and student practice of metacognitive and cognitive strategies in lesson plans.
· Identify techniques for scaffolding verbal, procedural, and instructional understanding.
· Identify language learning strategies to use with students.
· Discuss the importance of asking higher-order questions of students of all English proficiency levels.
Discussion Board #4 Prompt:
Watch this video to see teacher Megan Montgomery talk about scaffolding for her students in social studies. Compare Ms. Montgomery’s scaffolding scheme to Figure 5.1. (p.130) in the textbook. What are the implications of each scheme for you and your students?
Media error: Format(s) not supported or source(s) not foundDownload File: https://mediaplayer.pearsoncmg.com/_blue-top_640x360_ccv2/ab/streaming/myeducationlab/classroommanagement/PG101_Week2_Segment2_iPad.mp4?_=100:0000:00
Chapters in the Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners file