Write an essay describing learning theories and critically discussing the development, delivery, and evaluation of the teaching session delivered; support your discussion with reference to the relevant theoretical concepts underpinning the teaching session. Include the lesson plan prepared for the oral presentation as an Appendix.
The introduction will set the context for the assignment. Briefly describe the educational session you have delivered and the reason for selecting this topic.
Discuss the most common learning theories and styles underpinning education in clinical settings. Then you need to critically discuss the development and delivery of your teaching session focussing on the underpinning learning theories/concepts/styles and the rationale/reasons for the method of teaching.
Include in-text citations and references as needed. Your conclusion should tie the assignment together and remind the reader briefly about what has been discussed. You should not include any new information nor should any references appear in the conclusion.
The aim of this education session is to:
On completion of this class session the students will be expected to/ be able to:
1. Define ISBAR communication
2. Identify the advantages of ISBAR
3. Identify the importance of ISBAR and how ISBAR can enhance communication exchanges
4. Discuss examples of situations where communication can be improved, using a structured tool such as ISBAR.
5. Identify how ISBAR can be used effectively within a student’s own practice areas.
How does SBAR work? How can SBAR help you?
Assessments: Clinical scenarios to practice ISBAR communication tool