You are employed as an Irish economic consultant. Your manager asks you to complete a report comparing Ireland’s employment and unemployment performance relative to another industrialised country.
Question: Write a short economic report comparing Ireland to one of the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
Specifically, your economic report on the country should address the following:
- Summarise the key employment and labour market indicators for Ireland.
- Compare and contrast Ireland’s recent performance and current employment/unemployment situation with ONE of the countries listed above.
You should address the following issues in this report:
- Changes in employment over the past two years
- Sectoral changes in employment
- Changes in unemployment over the past two years
- The current profile of unemployment
- Labour force participation and employment rates
- Changes in average earnings over the past two years and current earnings by sector
- Current principal economic status by age, gender, and region